Jewelry Care & Tips
Most Fan Sparkle jewelry is made from a zinc alloy and is neither sterling silver nor real gold. In limited cases, some pieces may be silver plated and will always be stated as such in the product description.
Follow these simple steps to extend the life of your fashion jewelry. In essence, keep it dry, tarnish free and away from:
- Other chemicals (chlorine & other cleaning liquids)
- Don't use jewelry cleaner. Cleaner designed for silver, gold or platinum is too harsh for fashion jewelry.
- Last on, first off. Put your jewelry on after you put your clothes on and before you take your clothes off.
- Remove during activities. This includes sports, gardening or anything that could cause physical damage.
- Avoid air. Even for fashion jewelry, air makes metal tarnish. Store your jewelry in a pouch, box or even a sandwich bag with the air squeezed out.
- Clean it. This can be done with anti-tarnish paper or even an eyeglass cloth.
Some of our pieces feature a sliding closure. Please take caution when using this mechanism and avoid adjusting by pulling on a single chain or charm. Instead, firmly grasp the piece and gently slide the mechanism to the desired position.